Are you a small business owner looking for a Learning Management System (LMS)? If so, you're in luck. Many great LMS options are available, and we've compiled a list of the best ones for you. Keep reading to find out which LMS course platform is right for your business.
Top 5 choices:
- Teachable: an online course platform that makes it easy to create and sell courses. Teachable has everything you need to launch and grow your knowledge business.
- Thinkific: it is another excellent option for creating and selling courses online. With Thinkific, you can easily create beautiful course sites and track student progress.
- Kajabi: a powerful all-in-one platform that lets you create, market, and sell digital products like courses, ebooks, or membership sites. Create high-converting sales pages and launch your courses easily.
- TalentLMS: a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that helps companies deliver engaging training materials like courses to their employees.
- SkyPrep: an easy-to-use online LMS that makes it simple to deliver, manage, and track employee learning. With SkyPrep, you can provide engaging courses and monitor staff progress.
So, there you have it! These are the best LMS options for small businesses. Teachable is an excellent option if you're looking for an easy-to-use platform to create and sell courses. If you're looking for more features and flexibility, then Thinkific or Kajabi may be a better fit.
And if you're looking for a learning management system to help deliver training to your employees, then TalentLMS or SkyPrep would be great choices.
We hope this list has helped you narrow down the options and find the best LMS for your small business. In this article, we will review all these best LMS for small businesses and other solutions.
Many businesses use Learning Management Systems (LMS) to create, deliver, and track employee learning. Small businesses are no exception.
There are many benefits of using an LMS for small businesses. For starters, it can help you save time and money. With an LMS, you can deliver training to your employees without hiring expensive trainers.
An LMS can also help you track employee progress and ensure they are learning the material. This is especially important for small businesses, as you want to ensure that your employees are up-to-date on the latest procedures and processes.
Content creators also use LMS to sell courses and other digital products. So, if you're looking to create and sell courses online, an LMS can be an excellent option.
In this article, we will review the best LMS for small businesses. We will also provide a comprehensive buyer's guide to help you choose the right LMS for your business.
LMS for Small Business, Online Course Platform
I recommend Teachable if you want to sell courses online and don't want to deal with the hassle of setting up a self-hosted course website.
With Teachable, you can create beautiful course sites and quickly launch your courses. It's also very affordable for beginners.
- Best For: Beginner Course Creators
- Price: Free – $249/mo yearly ($0-$299 monthly)
- Annual Discount: Yes, save up to 25%
- Promotion: Get Started with a Free Plan, Forever
Since 2014, over 100,000 content creators have sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching using Teachable.
This online course platform is ideal for small businesses who want to create and sell courses.
Teachable handles all the technical aspects of running an online course so that you can focus on creating great content and promoting your business.
- Sales Page Builder: Build your own website in minutes with Teachable's fully customizable sales page builder and start selling in no time. Create a checkout page with all of the e-commerce features so you can get paid quickly; you don't need a third-party payment gateway.
- Training Courses: With Teachable, you can quickly create self-paced courses, cohort-based courses, or live group coaching services with an easy drag-and-drop builder.
- Student Engagement: Teachable lets you create interactive courses with quizzes, videos, and other multimedia materials to engage your students and help them learn more effectively to achieve transformation.
- Monitoring: Teachable lets you monitor your student's progress so you can help them stay on track.
- Integrations: Teachable's platform offers a wide range of integrations with tools you already use and love: Google Analytics, ConvertKit, MailChimp, Zapier, Segment, and more.
- Sell Anywhere: Teachable allows you to sell courses worldwide and accepts payments in over 130 currencies. Compatible with PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and other major payment gateways.
- Flexible Payments: Teachable offers a variety of payment options for more flexibility. Users can also pay for your products and services using various methods, including free trials, subscription payments, and installment plans.
- Extra Sales Features: You can also use upsells, coupons, order bumps, bundles, and membership subscriptions to increase your sales.
- Affiliate marketing: You can use affiliate marketing tools to recruit partners and incentivize existing customers to bring their friends! This will help you grow your business on Teachable.
- Bulk Upload: This feature allows you to transfer student and course information from another platform quickly.
The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, so you can quickly create courses and track your student's progress.
From the student's point of view, Teachable is an easy-to-use learning management system that makes it simple to enroll in and complete online courses.
The platform also includes several tools to help students stay on track with their studies, including a learning progress tracker and grade book to offer an excellent learning experience.
Overall, the student experience on Teachable is positive and user-friendly.
Teachable comes in 4 plans with unlimited students:
- Free: 1 course, no custom domain or email marketing. I recommend starting with this plan and upgrading later after experiencing the platform.
- Basic ($29/mo): unlimited courses, custom domain, email marketing. It's the perfect plan to start selling online as a professional.
- Pro ($99/mo): You get all in Basic, plus no transaction fees on sales! Get access to affiliate marketing, advanced reporting, live chat, and live group coaching. Use this plan as your business grows.
- Business ($249/mo): Get all the Teachable features and no transaction fees on sales! You'll love this plan if you're an established business owner selling many courses.
You will need the Pro or Business plan to avoid paying transaction fees on sales. The free plan is the best to get started, but you pay the most transaction fees ($1 + 10%).
The Basic plan is a good compromise with 5% transaction fees while keeping the subscription affordable at $29/mo.
Pros & Cons
Here are the main benefits and drawbacks of Teachable for small businesses from my experience with the platform.
- Ease of Use: Teachable is an easy-to-use online course platform that simplifies creating and managing online courses. Teachable's platform is user-friendly, so you can focus on creating great content for your students rather than worrying about the technical details.
- Affordable: Teachable's pricing is very affordable with a free plan forever and an accessible Basic plan, making it an excellent option for small businesses.
- Comprehensive Features: Teachable offers many features, including course creation tools, video hosting, student management, and more.
- Support: Teachable's customer support is excellent, so you can be sure that you'll always have someone to help you if you run into any problems.
- Learning materials: With Teachable, you can access a wealth of learning materials via podcasts, support articles, downloadable resources, and a vibrant community to help you create successful courses.
- Unlimited Courses: create an unlimited number of courses on Teachable with the paid plans. Repurpose content and lectures with ease.
- Limitations: Teachable's course creation tools are not as robust as some of the other options on this list. Teachable's free plan is very limited, so you'll likely need to upgrade to a paid plan if you want to use all of the features.
- Technical issues: From time to time, you may experience downtime for maintenance or some technical glitches, for example, caching-related.
- Only in English: Although users can translate the platform to other languages, it is only available in English.
Teachable is an online learning management system that makes it easy to create and deliver engaging courses.
The platform is designed for small businesses and entrepreneurs who want to create and sell their own courses, and it provides a wide range of features to help them do so.
In addition, Teachable's customer support team is always available to answer any questions they may have.
Whether you're a small business owner looking to deliver online courses or a teacher looking for a better way to manage your class, Teachable can be an excellent fit for you.
Online Course Platform, LMS for Small Business
Thinkific is an excellent platform for content creators looking to offer their courses online. It's easy and affordable, with a free plan to get started.
- Best For: All Content Creators
- Price: Free – $399/mo yearly ($0-$499 monthly)
- Annual Discount: Yes, Save 20%
- Promotion: Get Started with a Free Plan, Forever
Thinkific is one of the best online learning management systems for content creators.
Thinkific is trusted by more than 50,000 course creators and businesses. Many well-known brands use Thinkific, like Later, Shopify, and Hootsuite.
The platform is easy to use and has a wide range of features, making it perfect for small businesses and individual course creators. With Thinkific, you can easily create and deliver high-quality online courses.
And because it's a cloud-based platform, you can access your courses and student data from your Internet browser without having to deal with the technical aspects.
- Customize your courses: You can make your courses look and feel however you want with minimal effort. Expert customizations let you design your courses exactly how you want them to appear and work.
- Website Themes: You can pick from various themes to give your courses a professional appearance.
- Memberships & Communities: Make learning a shared experience for your students with memberships and communities.
- Live Lessons and Cohorts: Deliver your course materials live, in real time, to students worldwide.
- Progress Tracking: Keep track of your student's progress through the learning materials with progress tracking.
- Drip Content: Release your course content over time instead of all at once, so students can absorb it better.
Thinkific is known for its focus on the student experience. From the student's perspective, this means they can expect a smooth, stress-free, and fantastic course experience.
For example, features like interstitial and progress pages keep students engaged and on track.
Course creators also benefit from Thinkific's focus on the student experience. With easy-to-use course management tools, they can track student progress and provide help and support when needed. This makes training efforts more efficient and helps to engage learners in the classroom learning process.
Thinkific offers 4 pricing plans that grow with you as you scale your business.
- Free: Test out Thinkific and see if it works for you. You get limited courses and unlimited students but no custom domain or coupons. It's free forever, so why not try it?
- Basic ($39/month): Unlimited courses, content, and students. All in Free plan, plus custom domain, coupons & promotions, scheduled content, one-to-one student email, live chat support, and Thinkific academy basic courses. I recommend this plan when you're ready to go live.
- Pro ($79/month): Get all the features of Basic, plus communities, advanced course building, private or hidden courses, completion certificates, subscription and flexible pricing, priority support, live lessons, pro courses, and more!
- Premier ($399/month): Get all the features of Pro, plus groups, unlimited communities, white labeling (to remove Thinkific mention and have your own branding), API access, onboarding package, and more!
The Free and Basic plans only give you one admin account. If you have a team, you will need to use the Pro or Premier plans, which have two and five site admin accounts, respectively.
Pros & Cons
Here are the pros and cons of Thinkific:
- Ease of Use: The most significant advantage of Thinkific is its ease of use. Their platform is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Flexibility: Thinkific is a very flexible platform. It offers users many customization options to create their desired course experience.
- Affordability: Thinkific is very affordable, with free plans and discounts for yearly plans.
- Community: it does have a built-in community feature which is excellent for engaging with your students.
- Membership Sites: You can use Thinkific to create membership sites where users can access all your courses for a monthly or yearly fee.
- Support: Thinkific has excellent customer support. They offer live chat support and have a very responsive team.
Thinkific has a lot of great features, but there are some areas where it falls behind other dedicated community platforms.
- Email Marketing: there's no integrated email marketing. However, you can easily connect to third-party email providers via an app in the Thinkific App Store. For example, it connects to ConvertKit, MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, and Aweber.
- Landing pages: The course landing pages can be hard to build if you're a beginner.
- Sales Funnel Builder: There is no in-house sales funnel builder. However, you can integrate with sales funnel builders such as Clickfunnels and LeadPages.
Thinkific is an excellent platform whether you're just starting with online learning or a seasoned pro.
The platform provides everything you need to get started, including course templates and branding tools. Plus, it's easy to use and very affordable.
If you're looking for an all-in-one solution for online courses, Thinkific is a great option.
You may consider other options if you need more advanced features, such as an integrated email marketing system or sales funnel builder.
But overall, Thinkific is a great platform with a lot to offer.
Best All-in-One Course Platform
If you're looking for an all-in-one solution for small business course creation, Kajabi is the perfect platform for you. With everything you need to get started all in one place, it's never been easier to turn your knowledge into income.
- Best For: Experienced Creators
- Price: $119-$319/mo yearly ($149-$399/mo)
- Annual Discount: Yes, Save 20%
- Promotion: Try Kajabi free for 14 days
Since its creation, 50,000+ entrepreneurs, experts and influencers built 100,000 businesses, earning $3.9B+ with 300,000 digital products.
With Kajabi, you can create and sell courses, coaching programs, podcasts, memberships, communities, and more without worrying about the technical side of things.
Kajabi is the perfect all-in-one LMS for small businesses because it is easy to use and has everything you need to create and sell courses, including marketing tools and templates, a built-in CRM, payment integrations, and analytics.
Plus, Kajabi makes it easy to create interactive content that engages and educates your audience.
So if you're looking for a way to turn your small business knowledge into income and are serious about it, Kajabi is the platform for you.
- All-in-One Platform: Kajabi has everything you need to create, market, and sell digital products all in one place. You can make online courses, coaching, memberships, communities, or podcasts.
- Website Builder: their website builder makes it easy to create a beautiful, professional-looking website for your business.
- Landing Page Builder: Kajabi's landing page builder makes it easy to create high-converting landing pages to promote your courses and other digital products.
- Funnel Builder: the funnel builder makes it easy to create marketing funnels that convert. Automate and scale your business with Kajabi's powerful funnel builder.
- Email Marketing Software: their professional email marketing tools make it easy to send high-converting emails to promote your courses and other digital products.
- Built-in CRM: their built-in CRM makes it easy to manage your customers and keep track of your sales.
- Mobile App: With just one click, your customers can access your products anytime, anywhere via their mobile phone.
Kajabi is a premium, all-in-one platform with a beautiful user interface and easy-to-use features. It's probably the best user experience you'll get among the platforms reviewed in this guide, but it's not the cheapest.
Content creators love Kajabi because it makes it easy to create and sell digital products without having to deal with technical aspects or integrate with external services. With Kajabi, you have all the tools you need to run your business.
Students have a great user experience on the Kajabi platform because it is easy to use and has various features that make learning fun and engaging.
On top of that, the Kajabi mobile app makes it easy for students to access their courses on the go.
With three different plans to choose from, Kajabi is the perfect platform for any business looking for an all-inclusive software solution. The annual subscription saves you 20% compared with buying their monthly plans!
- Basic ($119/mo): Perfect for getting started with 3 products, 3 funnels, a max of 10,000 contacts in your email list, and 1000 active customers. You can't have a team as you only get 1 admin user.
- Growth ($159/mo): Scale with this plan as your business grows so you can have 15 products and funnels, 25,000 contacts, and 10,000 active customers. You get 10 admin users, so it's the plan you need if you have a team. You also get advanced automation and an affiliate program, and you can remove Kajabi branding.
- Pro ($319/mo): it's for larger businesses with more flexibility: 100 products, 100 funnels, 100,000 contacts, 20,000 active customers, 25 admin users. It's the only plan that lets you have 3 websites.
The $119/mo (or $149 monthly) Basic plan is perfect for starting entrepreneurs.
As your business grows and you need more features and flexibility, you can easily upgrade to their other plans.
Once you become successful and reach the 20,000 active customers limit, you can still contact them to get a custom plan.
Pros & Cons
- Ease of Use: Kajabi is easy to use with a drag-and-drop course builder, beautiful templates, and built-in marketing tools. It's the leading platform on the market for selling digital products easily.
- All-in-One Platform: You can create your website, landing pages, and sales funnels on the platform. You can also host your courses, memberships, and communities on Kajabi and manage your customers from within the platform.
- Interactive Content: Kajabi makes it easy to create interactive content that engages and educates your audience.
- Pricing: Kajabi is expensive; let's face it. Yes, you get a ton of value for that, but it's still one of the more expensive platforms on the market. It's a significant investment if you're starting without experience.
- Limited Integrations: Kajabi has limited integrations compared to other platforms, but they're an all-in-one platform, so you have everything you need to run your business!
- All-in-One Platform: Using an all-in-one platform to run your business can be advantageous. This way, you have access to a lot of different features. But all-in-one platforms usually don't have as many advanced features as dedicated services—for example, ActiveCampaign or ConvertKit. Also, if Kajabi decides they don't want to do business with you anymore, you lose everything you have on their platform.
Kajabi is the perfect platform for entrepreneurs who want to create and sell digital products without having to deal with technical aspects or integrate with external services.
The Kajabi platform is easy to use, has various features, and is perfect for businesses of any size.
The only major downside is the pricing, but you get a lot of value for your money.
Kajabi allows you to create content that shows off your skills and knowledge. This can include online courses, membership sites, coaching services, podcasts, and more.
With Kajabi, you can use your knowledge to make money. Use Kajabi's marketing tools and templates to create new content, campaigns, and funnels quickly.
You can use a built-in CRM to help your business grow. You can also use Stripe and Paypal to collect payments. You can also use analytics to make better decisions for your business.
LMS for Small Business
TalentLMS is a multilingual LMS that makes it easy to create and deliver e-learning programs. With TalentLMS, you can easily manage your learning content and courses and track learner progress.
- Best For: Companies to provide staff training.
- Price: Free-$459/mo billed yearly ($0-$569/mo monthly). Standard Plans.
- Annual Discount: Yes, Save 20%+ with yearly billing
- Promotion: Get Started for Free
TalentLMS is a cloud-based, multilingual learning management system (LMS) used by organizations and businesses of all sizes to create, deliver, manage and track their e-learning programs.
The LMS software is backed by Epignosis, a global leader in learning technologies, and over 70,000 teams worldwide use it.
It offers a complete set of features and tools to help you plan, design, implement, track and measure your learning programs.
TalentLMS is easy to use and manage, with a user-friendly interface that makes it a joy to use. It is also highly customizable, allowing you to tailor the learning experience to your specific needs and goals.
If you're looking for an LMS that can help you deliver successful learning programs, TalentLMS is the perfect solution.
- Course Builder: Creating interactive courses for professional development is easy with TalentLMS' course builder.
- Gamification: Add a touch of fun and competition to your learning programs with TalentLMS' built-in gamification features.
- Assessments & Quizzes: Assess your learners' progress with TalentLMS assessments and quizzes.
- Reporting & Analytics: Keep track of your learning programs with TalentLMS' reporting and analytics features.
- Multilingual Support: TalentLMS supports multiple languages, making it the perfect solution for companies with a global reach.
- Customized Learning Paths: you can customize learning paths to meet the specific needs of your learners.
TalentLMS is a user-friendly learning management system that makes it easy to create and manage training courses.
The interface is easy to use, and the automated training program ensures that all staff members receive the training they need in a timely and efficient manner.
TalentLMS provides an excellent user experience for trainers and trainees, making it the perfect solution for any organization's training needs.
TalentLMS comes in 5 plans, distinguishing between Standard and Active plans.
- Free: up to 5 users and 10 courses.
- Starter: up to 40 users, unlimited courses.
- Basic: up to 100 users, unlimited courses. You need at least this plan for single sign-on support, custom domain, and SSL.
- Plus: up to 500 users, unlimited courses. You need this plan if you want custom reports and a dedicated success manager.
- Premium: up to 1000 users, unlimited courses. Choose this plan if you need automation, a custom mobile app, and live chat support.
Pros & Cons
- Easy Course Management: The course management system has features that make it easy to add and manage students and duplicate training materials. TalentLMS is very easy to use and user-friendly.
- Neat User Interface: The interface is very well designed and organized. Everything is easy to find, and the overall look is very professional.
- Gamification: The gamification features are fun and engaging and help motivate learners to complete their courses.
- Reduced Workload: Since students can grade their own quizzes and homework, trainers don't have to do as much work. You also get advanced automation features.
- Progress Tracking: Creative and innovative ways of tracking learner progress, for example, via visual graphs that show how a student is doing over time.
- Affordable Price: TalentLMS is one of the more affordable LMSs for companies. They also have a forever free plan!
- White-labeling: You can brand the TalentLMS interface with your company's colors, logo, and domain name and remove any mention of TalentLMS.
- Subscriptions: It would be beneficial if the LMS gave more flexibility in managing subscriptions. That would include a smoother system for processing payments (especially with Stripe), including dealing with applicable taxes.
- Content: You can only delete and clone content one at a time. It would be helpful to have a bulk delete and clone feature.
- Salesforce integration: TalentLMS's integration with Salesforce is helpful, but it could be even better if it were a two-way integration.
LMS for Small Business
SkyPrep is an excellent solution for small businesses that want to train their staff without spending much money. The SkyPrep learning management system (LMS) is easy to use and can be customized to fit your needs. You can use it to onboard employees, train customers, or use it for compliance purposes.
- Best For: Staff training.
- Price: No public price
- Annual Discount: Unknown
- Promotion: Try SkyPrep free for 14 days
SkyPrep is an employee training software that helps small businesses train their staff. The learning management system (LMS) lets you create courses to train your staff.
1,000,000+ learners in over 500 companies use SkyPrep. Trusted by eBay, BILLS, Massachusetts General Hospital, Goodwill, and more leading companies and institutions.
The eLearning program is easy to use, and it is very affordable. SkyPrep is one of the best learning management solutions for small businesses.
SkyPrep provides all the tools you need to create a successful training course. You can use their tools to measure the impact of your training on your workforce and your business.
- Course Creation: You can create practical courses by making checklists, assessments, and knowledge tests. Creating a course is easy. You just drag and drop your content and add the assessments you need.
- Learner Engagement: More fun and exciting learning experience with modern designs that are easy to use. Features like gamification can help keep students engaged.
- User Management: Minimize the number of times you have to enter data and automate tasks to make it easier to manage users.
- Reporting & Analytics: You can get better insights from your training with comprehensive reports.
- Integrations: You can connect your business tools with integrations like Google, Zom, ADP, and more.
- Workflow Automation: There are many different ways to automate tasks and processes. You can use features like course auto-enrollment or automated alerts to help you with this.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to Deploy: The platform is versatile and easy to set up. You can quickly upload courses and get people started with their training. In just 24 hours, the platform will be ready for use, and people can begin completing courses.
- Automation: For example, the user self-enrollment feature allows users to enroll themselves without administrator intervention.
- Monitoring: With the progress tracker, you can track your staff's progress.
- Support: The support team is always available to help. They are constantly working on making their services better. They also update their services regularly and listen to what customers want.
- Pricing: no public pricing; you have to contact their staff to get a quote.
- Optimizations: Managers not having access to certain features creates more work for admins. If managers were able to remove users, it would be helpful.
- Progress Tracking: Sometimes, it can be challenging to keep track of your progress in different types of modules, such as slide decks, PDFs, and video material. It can be a problem for people who want to work on a task for a while and then return to it later.
- Notifications: It would be more efficient if staff members received an automated notification about course availability rather than the current manual process.
LMS for Small Business
LearnWorlds is one of the best online course platforms for creating, selling, and promoting your online courses.
- Best For: Course Creators
- Price: $-$/yr ($-$/mo)
- Annual Discount: Yes, Save up to 20%
- Promotion: Start your 30-day free trial
If you're looking for a small business learning management system (LMS), LearnWorlds is an excellent option. You can create and sell online courses from your own website with LearnWorlds.
With LearnWorlds, you have everything you need to succeed as an online course creator and small business owner.
Start monetizing your skills, experiences, and your audience today.
- Course Builder: It's easy to build beautiful and engaging courses with their simple drag-and-drop course builder.
- Website Builder: Create a school website without any technical skills.
- Mobile Apps: Enable in-app purchases and push notifications.
- Marketing Tools: To get more leads, revenue, and repeated sales.
- Analytics: Track your student's progress and see which courses sell the most.
- User Roles: Give different permissions to staff, instructors, and students.
The platform is easy to use and provides all the features you need to deliver a high-quality learning experience for your students. You can track training progress, provide feedback, and promote your courses through social media and email marketing.
In addition, LearnWorlds offers a wide range of payment options, making monetizing your skills and experiences easy.
With everything that LearnWorlds offers, you'll be able to create a successful online course without any headaches.
- Starter ($24/mo): for beginners.
- Pro Trainer ($79/mo): for professional trainers.
- Learning Center ($249/mo): for scaling businesses.
- High volume & Corporate: for large companies
Pros & Cons
- Mobile App Builder: You can create native apps on iOS and Android.
- No Transaction Fees: LearnWorlds doesn't charge any transaction fees starting from its Pro plan so that you can keep all of your revenue.
- Affordable Pricing: Starting at $24/mo, it's one of the most affordable online course platforms.
- Website: Some people find that LearnWorlds can be a bit clunky when used as the main website.
- Templates: LearnWorlds could improve its platform by adding more common templates for sales and landing pages. For example, a simple sales letter or a simple video sales letter.
7. Absorb LMS
LMS for Small Business
- Best For: Education Institutions, Small Organizations
- Price: No public pricing
- Annual Discount: Unknown
- Promotion: No
Absorb LMS is a cloud-based learning management system that helps businesses get the most out of their employees.
By tracking employee learning and keeping learning records in the cloud, businesses can see which areas employees need improvement in and adjust learning plans accordingly.
And because it's cloud-based, businesses don't need to worry about installation or maintenance costs. Absorb LMS is an ideal learning management system for small businesses.
The ideal customers for Absorb LMS are:
- K-12 and higher education institutions willing to train student audiences.
- Organizations of all sizes. For example, Sony, Johnson&Johnson, GAP, and the University of Chicago use Absorb LMS.
- Smart Administration
- Learner Engagement
- Learner Experience
- Reporting & Analytics
- Observation Checklists
- Content Libraries
- Mobile App
- Artificial Intelligence
- SCORM Compliance
The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. The software is also highly customizable so that you can tailor it to your needs.
They don't have any public pricing; you'll have to contact them for a custom quote.
Pros & Cons
- Ease of Use: The platform is very intuitive and easy to use.
- Flexibility: The software is highly customizable and can be tailored to fit your specific needs.
- Comprehensive Features: Absorb LMS offers many features to help businesses get the most out of their employees.
- Customer Support: They offer 24/7 in-house customer support.
- Customizations: You can customize the platform to fit your brand.
- Pricing: No public pricing is available.
- Search: There is no way to search for specific topics or lessons within courses.
- Interface: it could be improved to make it more consistent across the platform.
How to Choose the right Learning Management System (LMS)
When choosing a learning management system (LMS), small business owners should consider the following:
When selecting a learning management system (LMS), it is crucial to consider your business's needs. Here are some factors to consider:
- Ease of use: The LMS should be easy to navigate and use, with a user-friendly interface. Employees or customers should be able to find and access the courses they need quickly, and administrators should be able to manage users and courses easily.
- Type of Training You Need: Some LMSs offer more interactive courses than others. If you need employee training or want to create online courses, find an LMS with the right features.
- Features: The platform should include various comprehensive learning management tools, such as interactive courses, online assessments, and discussion forums.
- The interactivity of the courses: The courses should be engaging and interactive so that employees are more likely to complete them.
- Employee Training: The LMS should be suitable for employee training and development.
- Online Courses: The software should provide the ability to create and manage online courses.
- Your Company Size: A small business may not need the comprehensive features of a large learning management system. There are many LMSs designed for small businesses with limited features and budgets.
- Cost: It should be affordable and fit within your budget as a small business, and there should be no hidden costs involved.
- Community Features: The system should also include features that allow for social interaction and collaboration among learners to build a strong online learning community. This could consist of discussion forums, live chats, wikis, and blogs where users can connect, share resources, and collaborate on projects.
- Multilingual Capabilities: The LMS should be able to support multiple languages to accommodate employees and customers around the world.
- Support: Good customer support is essential for any software product. When choosing an LMS, be sure to ask about the level of customer support offered.
- Compatibility: The LMS software should be compatible with the business' other software and hardware systems.
- Customizations: It should be customizable to meet the specific needs of your business.
- Platform: The learning management system should be platform agnostic, meaning you can use it on various devices and browsers.
Best LMS Alternatives
The following companies are also excellent LMS solutions:
- LearnUpon LMS
- SAP Litmos LMS
- Adobe Captivate Prime
Also, if you prefer a self-hosted solution instead of cloud-based learning management systems, I recommend you consider using:
- LearnDash: for WordPress websites.
- Moodle: for academic institutions such as schools and universities.
Leave a comment below if you want to see these companies reviewed too!
In this article, we listed and reviewed the best LMS for small businesses.
Learning management systems let you create courses and manage your student's progress.
Companies use LMS to train their employees – it's a great way of keeping up with industry standards without having extra costs associated when changing positions or fields every few years, like many people do these days.
The best LMS for small businesses are Teachable, Thinkific, Kajabi, TalentLMS, and SkyPrep.
If you're just getting started and want to launch your first online course, I recommend you to use Teachable.
If you're a larger organization, I recommend you TalentLMS or SkyPrep.
Keep reading! We have compiled a list of the best online course platforms in an advanced guide.